The scientific work of researchers – books, anthologies, articles, etc. – is usually published by a publishing house. Since scientific works are generally protected by copyright, this publication can only be carried out with the consent of the person or persons (authors) who created the work through a personal creative effort (creativity). You can find the article about the author here on Forskerportalen. With regard to the publication of scientific works, a publication agreement is usually always reached between the publisher and the authors of the scientific work. If the publication contract is governed by Danish law, researchers are entitled to an annual declaration of licence and an overview of the calculation of royalties, see Article 57 of the Danish Copyright Act. (5) Recovery contract: a collection contract is like an administrative agreement in which the author retains the copyright, except that the publisher does not perform any operating function; such as an accountant or business manager collects and pays only available licensing revenues. [8] If the copyright is not transferred to the publisher, the author wants the works to be registered in his name. Contact a lawyer to advise the good part to register copyright. The Committee for the Protection of Scientific Work (UBVA) has also drawn up a proposal for the text of agreements between researchers and magazine publishers, so that the researcher retains the right to publish the article online after its publication. The agreement is accompanied by a small article on copyright on scientific articles. You can download the agreement here. In the absence of a separate text agreement or common conditions for publication z.B.

on the publisher`s website. the detailed content of the publication agreement must be inferred from the parties` discussions on the publication of the book, supplemented, if necessary, by the type of assumptions that researchers and publishers have in publishing. (4) Administrative agreement (“admin”): an administrative agreement is reached between a songwriter-publisher and an independent director or between an author/publisher and another music publishing house. In an admin-deal, the songwriter publishes himself and only concedes songs for several years to the music publisher and for an agreed royalty sharing. As part of this agreement, the music publisher only manages and exploits the copyright of another publisher/copyright holder. Only the most popular songwriters can even consider seeking an administration agreement. Under this coveted agreement, copyright ownership is generally not transferred to the administrator. Instead, the music publisher receives 10 to 20% of the gross costs it receives from the management and operation of the songs for a specified period of time and for a given territory.

[8] While it is common, researchers must ensure that they own copyright in their work (i.e., they wrote the manuscript themselves without plagiarizing, see section 2.B of the UBVA agreement (2010) and that research on the work is in line with good scientific practice, some publishers require researchers to justify, for example, the research`s share of copyright, which publishers demand a lot. Some publishers require researchers to transfer their copyright to the publishing house in its entirety (where possible), while other publishers more accurately indicate which part of the copyright is transferred to the publishing house (for example. B in the form of publication, publication or language, etc.).